2023-2024 OSR First-Class Pre-K Registration
First Class Pre-K programs are accepting online pre-registration applications for the 2023-2024 school year beginning January 15th. (If you need assistance with accessing the online application, contact a local First Class Pre-K school/program.)
• Enrollment is open to all children four years of age on 9/1/23* who are residents of Alabama. (Children who are eligible to attend kindergarten are not eligible for pre-k.)
• Enrollees must provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate. (It may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local First Class Pre-K school/program.)
• There is no registration fee for First Class Pre-K programs.
• Upon enrollment, a child’s immunization record must be provided to the school or program.
• No child will be denied participation on basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability.
Acceptance into a First Class Pre-K program is strictly through a random selection drawing. Parent/Guardian does not have to be present at drawing. Email notices of acceptance status will be sent in mid-April.
*An opinion of the Attorney General states in effect that under the common law one’s age is computed by including the day of birth so that a given age is attained the day before the birthday anniversary. ~ Ala. Code §16-28-4(1975) Interpretation based on Report of Attorney General of Alabama October-December 1963, Volume 113, page 20.
Registration Link: First Class PreK (alabama.gov)
Registration dates: January 15th - March 13th, 2023
Random Selection drawing: Tuesday, March 14th at 9:00 a.m. Families will be notified by close of business Friday, March 17th.